Legal Warranty is stablished thorugh the Seller / Distributor. According to Sales of Consumer Goods and Associated Guarantees Directive 1999/44CE:
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF WARRANTY
Bicicletas Monty S.A. guarantees its bicycles against any manufacturing or assemblying defect , covering the replacement of faulty units or repairing them under the following conditions:
- Bicycle warranty period: 48 months against manufacturing or assemblying defects (this period starts the day stated in the invoice, purchase receipt or delivery note).
- Electric components warranty period: 12 months against manufacturing or assemblying defects (this period starts the day stated in the invoice, purchase receipt or delivery note).
- The buyer must inform the seller of the non-compliance of the Product immediately, and/or exceptionally within a maximum period of 2 months from the date he identifies the non-compliance.
- It is presumed that the product delivery to the dealer or official distributor is correct, unless proven otherwise. Thus, the warranty over stored new product is 6 months as máximum since its delivery.
- Warranty is limited to the original buyer and it’s not transferable to the next and future buyers. .
- The warranty over a bicycle or part is finally subject to the Monty Technical Service Team decision.
- Warranty period is stopped during the repairing period and in the case of replacement it will be renewed automatically (concerning to the component affected).
- All warranty claims concerning Monty products must be processed through the official distributor who has sold the Monty product.
NOTE: Warranty related to all components without Monty Brand must be covered by the original manufacturer warranty.
- Warranty does not cover in any case the replacement of parts which are subject to wear during the standard usage of the bicycle. This parts are called consumable parts: tyres, rims, chain, chain ring, freewheels, breaking pads, discs, fuses, light bulbs, etc…
- This warranty becomes void if any Monty product has been used in competitions, tricks competitions, ramps riding, jumps, downhill, extreme environments, commercial activities (shows, exhibitions, circus…) or in similar activities or in activities not related to a standard bicycle usage.
Warranty does not cover in any case:
- Damages caused by a misinterpretation of manual advices.
- Faults or damages attributable to accidents, hits / impacts, unsuitable usage, incorrectly performed repairs, lack of maintenance and care .
- Bicycle changes undertaken by unauthorised persons (Non Monty Official Service)
- Not doing compulsory check-ups where the Monty product was bought or in a Monty oficial distributor.
- In the case of External elements or agents (natural disasters , floods, fire, robbery, etc. )
Bicicletas Monty S.A. is not responsable of colateral incidents or damages caused to third parties.
Non-acceptance of these conditions implies that Monty SA is not responsible and does not assume any responsibility for any compliance warranty.
IF YOU NEED FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT AN OFFICIAL DISTRIBUTOR (www.montybikes.com)
WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURE
1 – Complete correctly the oficial warranty claim report before contacting the seller. NOTE: any missing information might imply that the claim is not accepted to continue the procedure.
2 – Warranty claims must be accompanied by the purchasing receipt, a photograph of the problem subjet to claim and the Warranty claim official form correctly filled out.
3 – in the event of an electric / electronic failure , it is required a professional diagnosis for starting warranty claim procedure.
4 – In the case of returning warranty products , the buyer is in charge of transport costs till Monty confirms the warranty. Once the warranty is confirmed as applicable the transport costs will be refunded.
5 – Monty only replaces totally the product when it has not been used or when it is completely unuseful.
6 – Warranty claim form for new products will expire in 6 months after the delivery.
*ELECTRIC BICYCLES USE AND MAINTENANCE GUIDE
- Battery loss of range is due to battery ageing and under no circumstances shall it be considered a manufacturing defect.
- Batteries ARE NOT considered wear and tear items.
- The maintenance of an unused battery includes charging it every three months, which is also a way to ensure it works. The battery should be charged on a regular basis to maintain the proper charging cycle, which depends on the type of battery and the brand of bicycle.
- Remove the battery from the bicycle only in cases of very infrequent use.
- The optimum ambient storage temperature for a battery should be between 15ºC and 30ºC. Summer temperatures may slightly affect the battery, so a cool, dry place is recommended.
- Perform all battery charging operations in a well-ventilated place.
- The components that may be processed under the warranty include the battery itself and the battery maintenance system (BMS) protection circuit module.
- The battery has a lifetime of 300 to 500 charging/discharging cycles.
- How long a battery works depends on frequency of use, number of charging cycles and temperature. But most of all it depends on the depth of discharge. For example, if a user does three charge cycles per week = 156 cycles per year. Therefore, if the battery’s minimum life is 300 cycles, the user should not have any battery problems for at least two years.
- The battery can be charged whenever you want. Charging is more effective if the battery is not completely discharged. In other words, it’s better and even preferable to charge the battery before it goes completely dead.
- If the battery is always charged before it is completely discharged, its useful life will be extended considerably (charging the battery at a depth of discharge of 10% to 20% is recommended).
- The bicycle’s range is highly proportional to the geography of the land: riding on a flat surface is not the same as going uphill. The battery has to work harder and the range is shortened on uphill rides.
- Riding at a moderate, steady speed is recommended, as this will improve battery performance. Range is also affected by the conditions of use, such as whether you ride at 20 km/h or 9 km/h, or whether you drive up a mountain road or down a flat highway.
- Use only the charger supplied with your model.
- In the rain, pay special attention to parts with electrical connections.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaning system.
ACTIONS THAT AFFECT BATTERY PERFORMANCE
- Constantly starting up and turning off the bicycle (power spikes).
- Constantly braking, and powering the battery on and off.
- Riding in windy conditions, uphill and while carrying a load.
- Low tyre pressure and braked wheels.